Filter Resources is an authorized representative for many major manufacturers that design and fabricate filter housings that utilize coalescer and/or separator cartridges.
Single stage and two stage vertical coalescing filter housings with flow rates exceeding 2000 gpm fall within the standard design parameters.
Single stage, two stage and three stage horizontal coalescing filter housings with flow rates exceeding 2400 gpm are also available from standard design applications.
Custom coalescing filter units can be fabricated to meet a variety of design conditions and material requirements. Some of the basic criteria for design would be:
- Vertical or horizontal configuration
- Materials of construction, i.e. carbon steel, stainless steel, etc.
- ASME code or non-code design
- Temperature and pressure requirements
- Process stream flow rate (min. and max.)
- Physical and chemical properties of the process stream: (continuous and dispersed phase)
- Product purity requirements
- Existing or preferred line sizes
- Flanged or NPT connections
- Closure styles, i.e. quick-opening, swing-bolt, flanged, etc.
- Supplemental nozzles, i.e. vent, delta P ports, drains, etc.